Thursday, March 20, 2008

SXSW

The festival was amazing! The entire week was hectic because I had 7 people drop in town on top of volunteering for the music part of SXSW which amounted in maybe 4 hours of sleep per night all week. However I got to meet several wonderful, kind people and enjoy their performances, too! Some of the best were Ben Harper, British Sea Power, Tom Morello, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, SYME, Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears, Janeane Garofalo, Lewis Black, Har Mar Superstar and The Vampire Weekend. ALL these bands are worth checking out and all of them consist of super nice people! I was very impressed with Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears though, because of their throwback to old rock and concept albums. It was very Pink Floyd in the way it was rock that told a story and used awesome sound effects to add dimension to the sound. There was also this fabulous band from Detroit, but I missed the beginning of the set where they introduced themselves so I don't have their name! I've been Googling to try and find it.

Now that spring break is over, and Spring Break provided no time for me to devote to school, I am super behind on school work. I have tomorrow and Monday off work (yay Catholic holidays) so I can hopefully get caught up.

My oh my, I miss working backstage. Energy, nice people and awesome music... it was heaven =)

No comments: