Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Peek-a-boo! I see you!

I am a mad-crazy people-watcher. Any free moment I have where I'm not listening to music, I'm people-watching. I absolutely love observing the nuances of people going about their day. It's charming. Of course, the blissful observations usually end abrubtly as I get caught watching. What follows is one of three things:

1. The person is sufficiently creeped out and darts a weird look at me.

2. The person raises eyebrows in a way to emote "your place or mine?" This reaction has gotten me into trouble many a time.

3. They pretend their eyes didn't meet mine because they were probably people-watching too. I call for an international people-watching sign akin to a sort of secret handshake. Some sort of way to convey with subtlety, "No sweat fellow observer. Keep on keeping on."

Anyyyywayyy, that's my random thought with no real conclusion or purpose.

No comments: