Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Taxidermist walks into a bar...

Okay-- so I'm at my last day of my internship (for this Disney TV show being filmed in the ATX) and the Taxidermy Man calls again. Who is this man, you ask? Good question. The Taxidermy man is Alex, and he's obsessed with one of our set designers. We needed a stuffed fish for an episode and she picked one up at a local Taxidermy place (apparently they exist in abudance around here, yet I have never seen a single shop in all my Texas wandering). I push papers around and answer phones when we're not filming so I get his calls-- and he calls a lot. Our set designer is just so pretty he felt he had to use the production company's number to try and woo her. She has a boyfriend and is not interested in being wooed by Taxidermy Man, so I basically put him on hold for half a minute while I fiddle around on the computer then pick the phone back up and tell him something like "Oh I can't find her" or "We're rolling and she's busy". Then I pretend to take down his number and hang up. It's been a month--the man is stubborn and clueless. It got me wondering how he would woo her, though? "You look purty enough to stuff and hang on my wall." "I'd like to stuff you like I stuff my animals!" And so on. Creepy. This probably tops my stalking situations, but those stories are for another time as I must go.

No comments: